Falco is pleased to announce the purchase of a new electric fork truck - boosting the green credentials of our cycle parking manufacturing and warehouse facility.
In comparison to the previous diesel-powered truck, the new electric fork truck provides zero carbon emissions, has a much quieter operation, lower running costs and offers a more ergonomic driving experience.
Charging the electric fork truck is easily achieved with 100% renewable energy generated on Falco’s own premises - thanks to a recent major 50kWh solar PV panelling upgrade to the warehouse roof, ensuring Falco is a completely energy self sufficient business (and even provides additional energy back to the grid!).
The new electric fork truck shown here is just one of a number of environmental improvements carried out at our UK head office over the past 24 months. Other upgrades include:
- 50kWh of solar PV panelling providing complete energy self-sufficiency.
- Upgraded ceiling and roof insulation.
- New double glazing windows throughout.
- Replacement of all conventional lighting with low powered LED lighting.
- Installation of IR heating panels.
The investment for the UK facility is just one of a number of environmental investments made by the Falco group over the past ten years. Other improvements include:
- A brand new purpose built, environmentally friendly, head office facility in Vriezenveen Netherlands, featuring automatic lighting, energy efficient climate control and high levels of insulation.
- Achieving the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System integrated across the manufacturing facility.
- The addition of Euro 6 profile engines across the vehicle fleet saving up to 13% more energy compared to Euro 5 profile engines.
- Achieving compliancy with EN 1090 CE Mark - demonstrating compliance to the European Conformity, which ensures Falco products comply with the essential requirements of the relevant European health, safety and environmental protection legislation.
- Becoming a sustainable FSC® hardwood organisation and sourcing only sustainable hardwood for all timber products across the range.
Falco’s UK centre for the development of cycle parking facilities includes a large warehousing area where post production work takes place, along with client storage, whilst the office provides full commercial client offering including the free design of cycle parking schemes for clients, surveying and new product development.