Home About Falco Job Opportunities
Maintenance Engineer - Job description
Overview - working around Brighton & Hove one day a week, we are looking for an enthusiastic, focused and self-motivated Maintenance Operative to maintain our fleet of on-street cycle parking Bike Hangers.
Falco is a UK leader in the supply of cycle parking and street furniture with over 70 years’ experience and a prestigious project portfolio, undertaking turnkey solutions from design and manufacture through to delivery and installation.
Falco distributes steel framed cycle shelters and we are looking for a positive and proactive Maintenance Operative. Reporting to the Operations Manager and working alongside the Operations Team, you will be required to undertake:
- Complete planned maintenance programmes of the bike hangar network.
- Issue completed visit reports and updating records for the office.
- Complete any reactive installation / delivery or maintenance requirements.
- Work within a defined programme of works to ensure the continued availability of the Bike Hangars for members of the scheme.
- Respond to call-outs - referrals from the office.
- Carry out general repairs to the unit or the lock using hand tools supplied by the company.
- Option to complete call out visits at a minimum of 2 hours work.
Whilst formal qualifications are not vital, some previous experience of maintenance of small steel structures and knowledge of on-street cycle parking would be advantageous.
The candidate should have a good insight into problem solving and be confident and courteous when dealing with members of the public.
Utilising your own bike will enable you to claim the advertised mileage rate as per HMRC, for each business mile.
Falco is an equal opportunities employer.
Location: Brighton & Hove
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 10 per week, 1 day per week + Call out hours TBC
- Day shift (10 hour day)
- Monday to Friday (day to be agreed)
For more information and to apply, please contact our customer service team on 01538 380080.