FalcoPod Cycle Hangar
The FalcoPod bike hangar is a robust on street cycle parking solution to meet the needs of cyclists who don’t have access to private cycle parking facilities. The innovative design means that you no longer have to remove baskets or child seats when storing your bike!
Falco design is both evolutionary and innovative by nature and the new FalcoPod is no exception. It is a third generation of ‘bike hangar’ type product building on the pedigree of the original street locker the ‘Midi Bike Box’ with some great new features over existing products as follows:
- Size - fits in half a car parking space and houses 6 bikes, with covered weather protection.
- Family inclusive – with an ergonomically improved design, the additional space/height (55% more) means there is no need to remove child seats or baskets from the back or front of bikes.
- Bike security - the six place FalcoSound bike rack has three locking points including the ability to use a ‘D’ lock through the rear wheel and frame.
- Easy access - single door with integral lock and gas strut for assisted lifting.
Graphics and Branding Options (steel and glass only)
Make your cycle store stand out and add some creativity by adding graphics or branding to the outer skin. Have a network? Then why not be innovative and include corporate branding and logos, patterns, maps, themes or photos to your FalcoPod or FalcoPod+ cycle store as demonstrated on the images here!
- Colour options - the FalcoPod is delivered with a powder coated roof cladding to your specification, choose from any of the 192 RAL colours.
- Personalise - the FalcoPod your way by adding logos, graphics, maps - the flat surface is much better able to receive graphics and vinyls than corrugated cladding.
- Cladding – can be fitted with mesh (standard), sheet steel, pierced steel, Trespa or any other side cladding of your choice.
FalcoPod - Robust On Street Product
- Environmentally sustainable - manufactured from 100% recyclable robust welded steel framework hot-dip galvanised steel hot dip galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461.
- Safety - the FalcoPod has been ‘crash tested’ and is much more robust that current products for on-street use (see our video below).
- Strength - riveted aluzinc roof sheets.
- Surface mount - bolt down option with ‘floating’ feet to tolerate uneven surfaces.
- Visibility – the hangar is fitted with highly reflective marine grade Solas tape to each corner of the frame for better on-street visibility.
FalcoPod+ - Options and Features
- Want it bigger, customise the size to suit your space.
- Powder coat your steelwork in any of the 192 RAL colours.
- Solar or mains powered automatic LED lighting.
- E-bikes – the FalcoPod has the option to integrate charging points for the latest e-bike designs (requires mains power feed).
- Lock options – the FalcoPod accepts a number of futureproof locking options including
> High security
> Master key
> Electronic access via smart phone app
The standard FalcoPod measures 2475mm x 2070mm with a height of 1410mm. This provides a volume increase of 55% over current products for the same footprint.
Survey, Delivery and Install
With over 28 years’ experience Falco has a knowledgeable and qualified Operations team able to organise all the following for you free of charge:
Surveys and Proposals – free site surveys and advice for the siting and development of cycling facilities, we provide free quotations and proposals with cgi renderings.
Design and Development – we have our own CAD design department capable of producing 2D AutoCAD, 3D Inventor, BIM compatible Revit and cgi image rendering files - all free of charge. We carry £5m of Professional Indemnity insurance to cover design responsibility.
Manufacturing and Storage – Falco is an OEM manufacturer with its own carbon neutral manufacturing facility, with both ISO900 and ISO14001 certification, CAD/CAM robotic manufacturing, automated welding and steel stock holding. We have our own in-house powder coating facility and a large warehousing system.
Products - a full range of cycle parking facilities and added value products including CE marked shelters and canopies which meet the UK CPR EN1090 regulations and DDR compliant products. We also have a range of ‘added value’ products such as monitoring and detection systems, wheeling ramps, electric bike charging and automated cycle parking systems.
Delivery and Installation - we own our own fleet of ULEZ compatible HGV’s with various mechanical lifting options (to limit manual handling). We have teams of installation staff, some with NRSWA Street Works certification. We perform full CDM management and hold certification for CHAS, RISQS and ConstructionLine Gold. We provide a full groundworks service and structural calculations for the preparation and provision of foundations.
After Sales – Falco always works in partnership with our clients and are committed to the client for the duration of the contract and beyond and are on hand any day to provide assistance, visit site or help with ongoing requirements.
FalcoPod Bike Hangar Vehicle Impact Assessment
For more information on the FalcoPod or to find out how the FalcoPod can complement your cycle parking scheme, please contact our helpful sales team on (01538) 380080.