The new upgraded FalcoLevel-Premium+ two-tier cycle parking rack has been designed to meet the rigorous demands of the Dutch National standard for secure cycle parking ‘FietsParKeur’.
The FietsParKeur standard was set up in 1993 by the Dutch Cyclists Union ‘Fietsersbond’ to campaign for better cycling conditions in the Netherlands. The movement has gathered momentum and it’s now easy to see why the Dutch are one of the worlds best cycling nations.
The FietsParKeur standard is made up of a series of stringent assessments which aims to eliminate poorly designed, flimsy, unsecure cycle parking and increase best practice by overseeing the user-friendliness, sturdiness, security, durability and lifespan of cycle racks.
The FietsParKeur standard analyses the following brief criteria:
- The user friendly aspect of positioning a bike onto the two-tier rack.
- The ease of use in locking a bike to the two-tier rack.
- The chances of any damage to the bike, cyclist or third party.
- The level of durability including crack resistance
- Availability of information about the two-tier system.
The FietsParKeur standard is compliant for both centre to centre distances of 375mm and 400mm of the FalcoLevel-Premium+ rack which fits perfectly with the UK market where cycle storage space is often ‘at a premium’.
For more information about the innovative FalcoLevel-Premium+ two tier rack, please contact our helpful sales team on 01538 380080.