Thank you for visiting www.falco.co.uk ("Website"). This cookie notice applies to the Website, any website or branded pages on third party platforms (e.g. YouTube and Facebook) and applications accessed or used through such websites or platforms which are operated by or on behalf of Falco UK Ltd.
1. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that stores Internet settings. Almost every website uses cookie technology. The cookie is downloaded by your Internet browser the first time you visit a website. The next time you visit this website from the same device, the cookie and the information in it are either sent back to the originating website (first-party cookies) or to another website to which it belongs (third-party cookies). By that, the website can detect that it has already been opened using this browser, and in some cases, it will then vary the content it shows.
Some cookies are extremely useful because they can improve your user experience when you return to a website you have already visited. This assumes that you are using the same device and the same browser as before; if so, cookies will remember your preferences, will know how you use the website, and will adapt the content you are shown so that it is more relevant to your personal interests and needs.
2. Types of cookies
Cookies may be categorised on the basis of their life span:
- Session or temporary cookies: these cookies expire when you close your browser or when the session times out.
- Persistent or permanent cookies: these are usually stored on your hard disk and survive across multiple sessions but have a longer expiration date.
3. Controlling or deleting cookies
You can easily control and disable cookies through your browser settings. Removal of cookies may impact the experience whilst using the website through repeated requirements for entry of confirmation.
- Giving you a browsing experience that is unique to you and to serve you content which we believe improves your site experience.
- Analysing how you use our site which helps us to troubleshoot any problems and to monitor our own performance.
- Provide advertising of relevance to you both from Falco, in accordance with applicable laws.
5. We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use the service or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
6. Links to external websites
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your web browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.