Falco Takes off!
Falco has recently supplied and installed a series of the high density FalcoLevel two-tier cycle parking systems for Terminal 5 at Heathrow Airport! The 218 cycle space facility has been located at each end of the terminal and provides travellers with a dedicated and secure area to park their bicycle.
Due to busy operating hours at Heathrow, installation could only take place after 23:00 at night. Therefore Falco's team of installation engineers took up the night time challenge and successfully worked within the parameters of the installation time table. The image attached shows the recently installed two-tier cycle parking system powder-coated in a special Heathrow blue!
FalcoLevel and FalcoLevel-Pro
The FalcoLevel and FalcoLevel-Pro are a high density cycle parking rack designed
to house twice as many bicycles as any traditional cycle rack. Designed for areas
with restricted space, the FalcoLevel two tier cycle stand offers the ideal cycle parking solution for stations, schools, cycle hubs and shopping centres.
Both the Falco Level and FalcoLevel-Pro are the same size, use the same operations and accommodate all types of bicycles. The only difference between the two is that the FalcoLevel-Pro is equipped with a gas strut to ease the process of lifting the upper cycle storage tier.
There are numerous benefits of the FalcoLevel compared to a traditional cycle rack, the key one being that the FalcoLevel can house twice as many bikes in the same area as any other cycle rack, the same capacity in half the square metres. All bikes can be securely locked to the FalcoLevel to maximise security and the FalcoLevel is very good value for money, ensuring a cost effective cycle parking station to meet all budgets.
Additional benefits of the FalcoLevel
• Easy to pull out gutters with maintenance free runners.
• Upper tier universal gutter means no need for latches or moving parts.
• Each bike is held stable and secure in upper and lower parking tier.
• Additional locking points for wheel and frame.
• All bicycle types accommodated, from smaller tyres to chunky MB tyres.
• Modular design and infinitely expandable, can be added to in the future.
• Handles feature durable reflective tape.
• Space savings with centre to centre distances of up to 375mm.
• Single and double sided versions.
• Additional support for lifting bikes on the higher tier available from the FalcoLevel-Pro
• A maintenance-free cycle rack, hot dip galvanised to BS EN ISO 1461.
• Optional powder coating in 192 RAL colours.
• A cost effective and highly durable cycle parking system to meet all applications.
The single sided unit has a depth of 1900mm parked position and 2100mm with the upper tray fully extended. The preferred ceiling height is 2650mm for maximum capacity, however this can be lower if required depending on the cycle height available. The double-sided version has a depth of 3000mm parked position and 3400mm with both upper trays fully extended. The ceiling height requirement is the same as the single-sided version.
For more information about the FalcoLevel or FalcoLevel-Pro high density cycle parking systems, please contact our helpful sales team on (01538) 380080.